Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cities-Chicago, NY

Sometimes, just sometimes, I feel a trip is just perfect. And for sometime this has not been the case. But just last week I visited NY and Chicago and its been just wonderful. For the first time since I came to the US I felt I really was in a truly great place.

NY did not cut it for me. Too frantic with items walkin all around and just too crowded. The food was good. The food was very good. Magnolia's (http://www.magnoliabakery.com/) banana pudding was just mindblowingly good. One of the best desserts I have ever eaten. So was the rice pudding place (http://www.ricetoriches.com/index.2.php). The subway stations were a wee bit too hot, though a nice way to get around and the crowd was great. Way too many tourists.

Chicago on the other hand I just loved. What a city. An amazing place. I guess its because of the weather, the fact that I'm staying in a pretty decent location and dont have much to worry about relatively, but the place is exactly how I had imagined the US to be. People walking around smoking pipes, bikers riding without helmets, nice people and not too many tourists. The weather is not too cold nor warm and there is a river running through the city and a lake. Man. What more does one want from a city! Definitely my fav city in the US as of now.

No comments: