Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Love My Life


Not the kind of movie that I would have watched but somehow chanced upon it. This is such an easy, level headed, warm hearted confident movie which does not resort to histrionics and coincidental miscommunication etc etc.

Not that I am an expert in same sex relationships but I had the feeling this movie really hit the spot in depicting it in a warm way. The two lead actresses play perfect foil to each other, one a little dumb and impetuous and the other a brooding serious type. There are traces of its original manga source that creep through the movie but that was perfectly fine with me. All in all a really great find. In fact IF i ever attempt to make a movie I might end up making one like this in the first attempt.

I was however a little curious as to how I would have reacted if the same movie was made with two male leads. I do not know. Maybe I might have liked it too.

No comments: